• Is the system easy to install?
Yes, the package comes with a simple do-it yourself installation guide.
Also, in our office and with your list of liquors, bars and/or bartenders,
we can set up a turnkey system at additional expense.
• How would I get support once I have the product?
Customer support is readily available with remote access to your system at 1(800) 994-4799 or e-mail at email@example.com for any and all customer service issues.
• Do the spouts adjust to any bottle?
Yes they fit all current bottles even Patron.
• What is the lead time for delivery?
Depending on what is in stock, delivery time can be between
1 and 12 weeks.
• When is payment due?
50% due upon placement of order and remaining 50% is due
• Can the package be leased?
Yes. Leasing is offered by third party lenders.
• What is the warranty for this product?
The warranty is one year for all parts. Replacement for any faulty spouts or parts will be provided within the warranty period. The warranty does not cover abnormal use or excessive force. Customer phone support, available 7 days a week, is included for a period of 12 months from date of receipt of product.
• Is the system patented? - Yes.
• How does the security seal work?
After the spout is inserted in a bottle, a half inch DigiTap security tape is placed around the neck of the bottle securing the spout. If there is any attempt to remove the spout, the security tape changes color letting management know that the spout has been tampered with.
• How many security seals come on a roll? - 600
• What color is the security seal and can we order a custom color?
Standard security seal colors are readily available in blue and black.
Yes, custom colors can be ordered at an additional charge.
• How do I know if a bartender has removed the spout and poured directly from the bottle?
DigiTap’s innovative security seal consists of a two-layered label that clearly shows if it has been tampered with by changing color. As well, every time a spout is placed on or taken off a bottle a switch-activated alert is sent to the software.
• Will DigiTap pour slower than a normal pour spout and slow my bartenders down?
No, DigiTaps will not impede bartenders’ pace at all. The pour mouth of DigiTap is much larger than a normal pour spout therefore pouring more liquid out faster than a normal spout.
• Does the spout work from a battery?
Yes, and is included pre-installed in each spout.
• How long does a DigiTap battery last?
Batteries typically will pour up to 2000 times before losing power.
• How do I know if a battery is getting low?
Daily automatic battery reports sent from all spouts to the software alert you to low or dead batteries. In addition, the spout will blink when the battery is low.
• Are batteries easy to replace?
Battery replacement is easy and quick. Just open the watertight battery compartment, drop out battery to be replaced, insert new battery, and twist on the battery cover.
• Do I have to purchase the batteries from Wircon?
No, batteries for all DigiTap Systems can easily be found online at a present day cost of approximately $1.50 or less.
• Will the DigiTap system slow staff service?
No, not at all. Service will be swift as bartenders can move around freely. Our dispensing system is also very simple to use. You could install a DigiTap System in an afternoon and have your bar staff using it with little to no instruction by night.
• Can I program prices for each pouring amount and free pour on each individual spout?
Yes, every measured pouring or free pour for every bottle can be programmed with an individual price.
• Can I program a DigiTap switch to any size pour?
Yes, you can program each switch on each individual spout to any pouring size including a free pour. You can mix pouring sizes in any combination for each DigiTap spout and even program all switches to the same size pour (i.e. 1.25 oz in switch position 1, 2, and 3).
• Does the system actually measure amount poured?
Yes. The system gives real-time reporting of exact amounts poured and even in free-pour.
• How do I handle happy hours or price specials?
A happy hour/price special option is included in the software and offers easy set up of automatic price changes for any given period of time or days.
• How do we clean the spouts and will submerging the spout in water affect the technology within the spout?
DigiTap spouts are fully waterproof and can be cleaned by simply rinsing them in water.
• How often do I need to clean a DigiTap spout?
It is recommended to rinse each DigiTap between bottle exchanges.
• Does the spout work with thicker liquors like Baileys?
Yes, the system will program the spout for the appropriate viscosity and automatically self cleans after 15 minutes of non-use. Cleaning of spouts for high viscosity liquors such as Baileys should be done daily.
• What happens if a bottle goes empty in the middle of service?
Since management alone will want the responsibility of replacing empty bottles and inserting spouts, either a manager on duty during service will be responsible for the change or additional bottles with spouts and seals attached should be set up prior to opening. The spout removal and insertion alert will also allow management to monitor bartenders’ handling of bottles, if management decides to allow bartending staff to do so.
• How long does a spout change take?
Inserting a DigiTap spout and securing it with a security seal takes just a few seconds.
• How far can a DigiTap communicate with the computer’s transceiver and does the data get lost if you go outside this distance?
In open air the range is approximately a 300 foot radius, but the reach will be reduced if the signal has to go through concrete walls and other like obstacles. If the spout can’t get in contact with the receiver it will store the data until it is within range and then send all information stored to the receiver at that point.
• Does the system work with POS?
Yes, POS connections are available for all popular POS Services.
• What is so special about the two-way communication?
DigiTap Systems allow not only for data to be sent from the spout to the software, but also from the software to the spout. Additional functionality and settings such as automatic shut down of systems and POS activation of heads is offered.
• Can I turn off the system so nothing can be poured from any bottle after closing?
Yes, from the Wircon software you can manually send an all off command to all DigiTaps or you can have this command automated at a predetermined scheduled time (i.e. 2am).
• What is my return on investment (ROI)?
Typically bars have an increase in revenue of 5 to 35 percent (not taking
into account money saved for manager’s extra hours for stocking and
accounting). A simple ROI equation is that you will increase the number of
shots that you can sell per bottle by 4 to 7 shots. If you charge $10 per
shot, then you will pay for your DigiTap within two bottles.
• Why should I purchase a DigiTap by Wircon System?
The DigiTap System will increase profits, save you time, and give you piece of mind knowing that your bar is safe from theft.